There are much more than ten places where you can sell your stuff online, but the ones here are some of the most popular. If you’re trying to sell locally, some of these will be better than others based on your location. If you want to sell nationally, then eBay and Amazon work best.
1. eBay.com – A great way to sell things that aren’t too heavy is to sell them on eBay (although you can literally buy anything on eBay these days). You take good images of your item, give it a great description, then list it. They have a good audience already, so it doesn’t take much marketing for some items.
2. OfferUp.com – This is a great way to sell your stuff locally. You can list any of your items with a good image, the price, and a good description. Ensure that you have a good pick-up procedure so that you don’t put yourself in danger. This works via your smartphone.
3. Craigslist.com – This is probably one of the oldest online classifieds that you can use to sell anything from cars to services. Put up a good image, give them a good way to contact you, and stay safe. This site has very fast response rates too. People often list their items and they’re sold within the day.
4. Amazon – Believe it or not, you can join Amazon’s seller program and sell your used stuff for them. It works for books and anything they already sell – whether it’s used or not. You simply need to list it properly. What is great about this is that your items will be paid for before you ship them. Amazon gives you an amount for shipping too based on your items’ weight.
5. Facebook – All sorts of groups have popped up on Facebook that enable you to sell your items to others locally as well as internationally. People can even pay you via Facebook, or they can pay via PayPal. Alternatively, if you’re selling locally you can take cash at pickup.
6. Bonanza.com – Selling on Bonanza is fun and exciting. If you already sell on some other platforms, they have a way to import your items to their system. You can sell some items used, and some items new.
7. Poshmark.com – Do you have name brand and designer clothing and accessories to sell? This is the place. If you have fashion just sitting in your closet, don’t overlook Poshmark.
8. Sell.com – You can set up your own store here so that you can sell all sorts of things. You can sell new and used items on this site.
9. Oodle.com – This is kind of like Craigslist as it’s for selling your items locally in your area. This is a great way to get your items sold fast, depending on whether there is widespread use in your area.
10. Bookoo.com – Like Oodle and the others, this is for selling locally. If it’s active in your area, you should be able to sell your stuff fast.
Selling your stuff online is exciting and simple. You just need to take a good picture (or two) and work out good descriptions of your goods. Be safe and meet people in neutral territory. If you have large items you’re selling from your home, ensure that you have someone with you when the pickup is supposed to happen.
Ask for their Facebook page so you can look at who they are and who their friends are. You don’t want to have to worry about a criminal showing up. Also, only take cash, not checks, or have them pay you via PayPal or Stripe.com at pickup.